DIC Functions between years

TheCaddyMan99

Reaction score
First post, glad to be a part of a community

Over the past few years I've had a few 02-06 Escalades, and one thing I noticed was that between the years some DIC functions were different. for example, my 05's they had TripA/B and they had a tire monitor system that would report back pressures in real time. but my 04/3's had the Personal/Business trips which have their own sub functions that are missing from the 05-06. I play around with the gauge clusters a lot, and I understand that there's a lot that can be done by changing around the digits of the VIN coding in SPS2. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if the DIC function that displays the tire pressures is a function of the BCM that is only displayed through the cluster, or if it's something that the cluster does. and if that's the case of the cluster, than I need to play more with SPS2.

I've put 05 (15135660) and 06 (15112849) clusters into 03's and 04's (younger me liked chrome a lot more than I do now), and everytime I coded the 03 or 04 VIN I got that Personal/Business trip and no tps system. I've even swapped the lenses on H2 clusters and installed those, same result. however, one thing I have noticed, in order to get the 15112849 (2006) cluster to display PRNDL on the 2003-04, is that I had to give the cluster an 05 VIN, which gave it the Trip A/B function set, but no TPS function. however, when I prgrammed the same cluster to my 2005 EXT, with the matching 05 VIN, it comes up as should with everything ( driver 1/2 IDs, TPS, Etc.)

Is it that all of my 03/04 trucks have had malfunctioning TPS systems? or is that just not as advanced of a feature on the 03/04 BCM?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First post, glad to be a part of a community

Over the past few years I've had a few 02-06 Escalades, and one thing I noticed was that between the years some DIC functions were different. for example, my 05's they had TripA/B and they had a tire monitor system that would report back pressures in real time. but my 04/3's had the Personal/Business trips which have their own sub functions that are missing from the 05-06. I play around with the gauge clusters a lot, and I understand that there's a lot that can be done by changing around the digits of the VIN coding in SPS2. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if the DIC function that displays the tire pressures is a function of the BCM that is only displayed through the cluster, or if it's something that the cluster does. and if that's the case of the cluster, than I need to play more with SPS2.

I've put 05 (15135660) and 06 (15112849) clusters into 03's and 04's (younger me liked chrome a lot more than I do now), and everytime I coded the 03 or 04 VIN I got that Personal/Business trip and no tps system. I've even swapped the lenses on H2 clusters and installed those, same result. however, one thing I have noticed, in order to get the 15112849 (2006) cluster to display PRNDL on the 2003-04, is that I had to give the cluster an 05 VIN, which gave it the Trip A/B function set, but no TPS function. however, when I prgrammed the same cluster to my 2005 EXT, with the matching 05 VIN, it comes up as should with everything ( driver 1/2 IDs, TPS, Etc.)

Is it that all of my 03/04 trucks have had malfunctioning TPS systems? or is that just not as advanced of a feature on the 03/04 BCM?

That is one hell of a awesome question. Have you seen or heard anyone else have the same issues as you when you researched it?

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.